The Best Ever Gapacho Recipe
Why tomato's for fertility?
The tomato is packed full of the powerful antioxidant lycopene.
Lycopene has been found to increase sperm count by about 70 percent; it also improves sperm motility and reduce the number of abnormal sperms. This has helped to increase male’s fertility tremendously.
One tomato can provide about 40% of daily vitamin C requirement. Vitamin C can help to boost both men and women’s immune system.
Tomatoes also contain important heart-healthy nutrients, such as niacin, folate and vitamin B6, which help to maintain a healthy heart.
The fresher the tomato the better so buy locally or, even better, try growing your own!
Here’s our fabulous lycopene-rich tomato Gazpacho soup made using fresh tomatoes.
Authentic Gazpacho Recipe
Makes 4 servings in 15 minutes!
- 2 pounds ripe Roma tomatoes, halved and cored*
- 1 small (1/2 lb) cucumber, peeled and seeded*
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cored
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves (or 1 large clove), peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Chop. Roughly chop all your ingredients then add to a blender or food processor. Puree for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency.
- Season. Taste and season with extra salt, pepper and/or cumin if needed.
- Chill. You can either enjoy your soup right away or to excel the flavours place in the Refrigerate in a sealed container for 3 to 4 hours to chill.
- Enjoy! Serve and top with desired garnishes.